With the cold months fast approaching, you may be in the process of planning your fall or winter wedding. One of the most exciting parts of planning your special day is choosing the perfect wedding flowers to adorn your ceremony area and reception hall. Because wedding planning can be a stressful time in addition to the most exciting time of your life, you may feel overwhelmed with where to start. Here at Flowers Time, we can assist you in this process because we’re experts at wedding decor Toronto. We specialize in fresh wedding bouquets and wedding centerpieces that will make you and your surroundings look absolutely gorgeous. Here are 10 unique ideas for wedding decor throughout the late fall and into winter.
1. Create a fall bouquet that isn’t made with your typical roses. For a fall celebration, there are no richer colors than flowers for autumn. Punctuated by deep oranges, golds, buttery yellows, fiery reds, ambers and other earth tones, your fall bridal flowers will capture the warmth of this chilly season – not to mention create eye-catching photos of your special day. Typical fall flowers include Gerbera daisies, zinnias, Asiatic lily, asters, calla lilies, chrysanthemums, marigolds and sunflowers.
2. Your autumnal backdrop should match your flowers, with a décor that’s rich in fallen leaves sprinkled down the aisle instead of rose petals, pumpkins set about the hall, hay bales strategically placed in corners complete with pumpkins, and other rustic barn elements taking center stage. Whether you’re getting married at a farm, winery, inn or reception hall, you can make your day truly memorable through the use of the most popular floral designs for the season.
3. Enhance your bouquets and boutonnieres with crab apples, oak leaves, acorns and figs instead of carnations.
4. Place gourds and pumpkins of all sizes and shapes in the center of each guest table along with the head table. Spray paint them variations of gold and silver for a fancy touch.
5. Spread out a burlap head table runner trimmed with lace to bring out the rustic feel of your wedding.
6. Planning winter nuptials? Your flower arrangements should reflect the merriment of the season, with decorative elements such as holly berries, pinecones, lily and eucalyptus pods, and evergreen boughs. Giving your wedding a festive touch will make for truly stunning photographs as you and your bridal party incorporate all the seasonal flavors of winter.
7. Instead of the stand-out colors of autumn, go with a stark white, antique white or even pale blush shades offset by deep red roses.
8. Customize your centerpieces. Willow branches speak to the artistry of the wintry season with their furry tips, while mistletoe is the perfect addition to a Christmas wedding event.
9. For the men’s boutonnieres, go with sprigs of spruce, rose hips, seeded eucalyptus, silver brunia, arborvitae sprigs, and even a touch of moss for a pop of color.
10. Silver elements lend a certain elegant touch to your arrangement, adding some glamour to the day to resemble shimmering snowflakes. From silver ribbons on the chairs to vases of silver spray-painted pinecones, you can incorporate this festive touch to your event.
As your leading provider of fresh and innovative bridal flowers in the Greater Toronto Area, our studio is open seven days a week for your convenience. Drop in and see what we offer or check out our website for ideas. You’ll see we take pride in our beautiful creations, especially when it comes to fall and winter wedding décor!