There are many parents who send their kids to dance schools, however as adults it`s hard to find the time and energy for something that we don’t feel we really need. Now before you nod in agreement and move on with your busy life, let us tell you why you want to keep on dancing well into your later years.
Dancing holds many benefits for adults and can improve your life in ways that not many other physical activities can offer. It can touch on and improve practically every aspect of your life.
- It’s fun. Yes, yes, we know it’s obvious, but station the obvious is sometimes important to make sure it gets it’s emphasis. We live hectic lives and our sources of entertainment are usually passive. TV, Computer games – none of these invigorate and enliven us as much as dancing, because when we dance, we move. And when we move, that’s when we truly feel alive.
- Dancing is socializing. Before you say – sure, but sports have you moving too, so what’s the difference? The difference is vast. Dancing is actually interesting, creative and has a huge extra dimension of socializing in it.
- Bonding without the competition. Ok, you may be thinking, soccer and other team sports also involve socializing. True, but it’s not the same. Sports have you toil away to compete. There are negative feelings involved in this kind of competition, where losing is the price for not winning. Dancing is inclusive. You create the dance together with your partner and everybody is the winner.
- Support your good health without putting in the boring hard work in the gym. Let’s face it, when you finish a hard work day, there’s no force in the world that can drag you into the gym for the evening workout. Dancing is the perfect solution – it is physical enough to provide healthy practice and cardio and easy enough to be energizing instead of tiring. In the end of dance class everybody is bouncy and smiling. Get into shape, feel sexy again, improve your confidence, and enjoy yourself in the process. No tiring hard work, just fun and lots of it!
- Taking dancing classes together with your spouse can add depth and feeling to your relationship. Many couples have long sunk into a steady routine and their relationships risk becoming dull. Dance classes spark your relationship with a new vigor that no amount of gym or soccer can achieve.
- To summarize – you get workout in one package with culture, good music and meeting amazing new people. It is all-encompassing. Everything works together – your sense of rhythm, touch, esthetic sense and hearing are all involved. Dance is life.
In case you want to know more and don’t know where to start, we saved you the trouble of looking! Get yourself moving with our Toronto dance specialists at Dance With Me Toronto.
Choose between the playful Rumba, or the sensual Tango.Bond with your partner learning Tango together and generally enjoy yourself.
You can book a free session by going on their website. Have fun!
Oh, and one last thing – if you are single and on the lookout for a partner – nothing beats a dance school as a way to meet new people.